Tanbridge Academy was established in 2007 and is an accredited private school offering K-9 with a focus on academics, athletics and personal growth.
Junior High Teacher
We are currently looking for an energetic individual to lead our Grade 7-9 Mathematics and Science classes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare course rubric, syllabus, unit plans and homework materials
- Prepare lesson plans with clear objectives following Alberta curriculum standards
- Teach mathematics, science and technology, health and physical education
- Supervise students during classes and at other times in the school day
- Discuss students' progress and concerns with parents and administrators
- Prepare for and attend parent-teacher interviews and other functions
- Maintain appropriate standards of behavior, mutual respect, and safety within classroom
- Conduct formal and informal assessments of students, including report cards, progress reports and marking
- Education Degree
- Alberta Teaching Certificate
- Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check
- Strong research and teaching skills
- Interpersonal skills with an emphasis on compassion, patience and professionalism
- Creativity to develop lessons that are engaging and educational
- Ability to work within a team, with integrity, enthusiasm, initiative and confidence
- Excellent communication skills with parents, students and colleagues
- Willingness to take on extra-curricular activities
If you're interested in joining the Tanbridge team, please email your resume to email@example.com.
At Tanbridge Academy, our entire school community is dedicated to providing each student with the resources they need to thrive. We hire passionate, caring teachers who develop meaningful connections with students in our small classes and use a variety of modalities to accommodate students’ unique learning styles.Apply to Tanbridge